Thursday, June 24, 2010

What is the standard arrangement for a photographer working w/designers, models, stylists, hair/makeup etc...?

I am a photographer who shoots film, cost-deficient, beautiful film. I am building a fashion book and need designers, stylists, hair/make up, models etc... I want to work with up and comers, who are also building their books and regular people not just models who have never done a photoshoot before. What is the arrangement/industry standard for giving prints to the various people? The photos will only be in my portfolio, at least for the moment. I would credit everyone on my site and if the pictures were published, they would be credited. Obviously they need to have photos of their work for their own books, which is why they would participate. But how many prints do I give them. It gets costly for me to give prints out, is it acceptable to give one or two 8x10s and charge for any other selects? ';Regular'; ie not models often expect to get prints of everything. I would love to give everyone a copy of the best shots of everything, but it is too expensive for me to do so. What is the standard arrangement for a photographer working w/designers, models, stylists, hair/makeup etc...?
It might be a good idea to post your question somewhere else besides ';Etiquette';.
  • big hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    cats