Thursday, December 10, 2009

Question for photographers - modeling and makeup?

I have a photo shoot this weekend (my first pro gig) - do photographers generally like models to wear makeup (I'm male). I noticed that in some of my present shots my face is a bit washed out. I'm a stage performer and we wear makeup because of the lights. I asked the photographer, but he was sort of non- committal, he said that it was up to me. What has been your experience? Thanks





Love JackQuestion for photographers - modeling and makeup?
I prefer a natural look, but it also depends of the subject's skin condition. Some makeup to knock out any reflections (like from oily skin) is necessay sometimes. I also prefer natural light, but not harsh, direct sunlight.





If your shots are looking washed out, looks like someone either didn't spend any time post-processing or didn't have the lighting set up right.Question for photographers - modeling and makeup?
Congratulations on getting your first pro photo shoot! I'm not a professional photographer, but I would think if you want to play it safe, go without any make up, but bring some with you, just in case. You should definately not appear in full out stage make-up, but I think you're probably savvy enough to have worked that out yourself :P


Good Luck!
Depends on what they need the photos for.





In most cases it might save them some hours of Photoshop work… as most models skin is not perfect.





On the other hand if the light they use is too strong and the session too long that might come up strange…
Love Jack are you a gay model?
  • computer security
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    cats